How to Prove Fault of Negligent Party in Common Wrongful Death Claims
We know that this is never something you wanted to be dealing with. If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, you need to know where to turn for help. At the Law Offices of Kropach & Kropach, out knowledgeable and experienced team understands the area of law behind wrongful death claims and will work tirelessly to prove your case.
When you need a wrongful death attorney in Los Angeles, you can count on us to work with compassion and tenacity as we seek to get the compensation you deserve.
What Is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death cases arise when someone is killed as a result of wrongful or careless (negligent) acts of another person, company, agency, etc. These cases are among the most complex we handle, so please do not try to deal with these on your own.
Briefly, here are some common ways in which wrongful death cases arise:
- Vehicle accidents – there are over 30,000 fatal motor vehicle accidents annually in the US. These are often caused by negligent driving behavior such as drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, etc.
- Faulty products – each year thousands of faulty products hit the market. These products are often poorly designed, have a manufacturing mistake that renders them dangerous, or are not labeled correctly.
- Workplace accidents – workplace fatalities are more common in high-risk industries but can happen to anyone. These often happen due to an employers failure to maintain a safe working environment, a failure to maintain equipment, or a failure to train workers properly.
- Medical mistakes – these are the third leading cause of death in the US and can include misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes, failure to treat, medication errors, and more.
Here are some steps you can take when proving fault in a wrongful death case:
- Prove the negligent party had a duty to act or care in the case.
- Prove they failed to uphold their duty.
- Prove that their failure caused the death of your loved one
- Show that damages were sustained by the deceased (suffering, death).
With the help of an attorney, you can get into the details of each of those and what they mean for you.
What You Can Do Now
Do not put off seeking the help of a skilled attorney if you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person or company. We know that this is a difficult time for you, but there are things that need to happen immediately to preserve your case.
At the Law Offices of Kropach & Kropach, we will step in and contact all parties involved immediately so we can start the process of securing the compensation you need. This can include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
When you need a wrongful death attorney in Los Angeles, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-609-7005.